Saturday 24 November 2012

Project 1 Evaluation

After searching for a short while, I found a tutorial that guided me through the production of my 3D logo. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_932520&feature=iv&src_vid=4tsSzXGD4bo&v=_CaorZuIDFk)


After following the steps, and using some of previous knowledge of after effects, such as tracking, transforming and adding effects to previously existing shapes or text. One of the longest and most difficult parts of the production of my logo was trying to decide upon the design of my logo. Using the line tool on photoshop I began to construct lines and angles on which I could attempt to create a shape suitable enough for my logo but not too similar to the one used in the tutorial.

I eventually decided upon my design and set about creating my 3D logo with help from the tutorial. Although the tutorial is meant to guide the viewer on how to create a logo, there were many aspects of the video tutorial that seemed very advanced for my knowledge and skills on adobe After Effects. Due to this I had to use the internet (mainly google search engine) to find definitions and explanations on certain technical jargon and actions that were foreign to me however, once understanding, the video made perfect sense and has enabled me to gain new skills and further my knowledge on adobe After Effects. After a few days solid work, I completed my logo and had added motion and made it three dimensional, I then began my search for some decent sound effects I could download and add to my project. 

In order to avoid copyright issues and piracy, I began to search the internet for free sound effects that I could download. After finding http://www.freesound.org/ I searched for a sound effect resembling an explosion and a drony sounding whine that could add suspense to my project. I found them without too much trouble and added them to my logo to complete my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment